Even though he don’t neccesarily has the same answers – and even though the diefinitions of goalscoring chances may differ – Fagermo doesn’t hide that the attacking play has been poor.
– We’re creating too few chances in our play. The movements are not good, and by that I mean that the wingers, the backs and the midfielders should do better. Besides we’re not tough enough in the duels when it comes to situations which can give chances, penalties and stuff like that, says the coach.
Three is not good enough
Yesterday he held back the young wingers Snorre Krogsgård and Elba Rashane, and focused on recieving – and the will and ability to challenge the defenders. Everything to find the details which can straighten the ship after a poor start.
– Three of twelve points is too bad. But we has had two national team players out, and if anyone thinks that we, in that situation, can overrun other teams, they better think twice. If Molde had lost Magnus Eikrem and Vegard Forren, they would had more problems.
The solution is the players for the future. Fagermo thinks most of us knows that young players performances varies.
Would like 11 18 year olds.
No one must think that players like Jonassen, Rashani, Shala, Børven, Krogsgård and others are complete top division players. But they will gain experience when they play, and from a economical point the club likes that they gets this development, says Fagermo, and adds that hy don’t see age as a problem.
– If they had been good enough, I would love to use 11 18 year olds.
The ODD boss sees effects of the confidence who is given.
– Last year we put André Hansen in goal even though he had no routine. Now he’s a top keeper. We accepted that Emil Jonassen didn’t have much experience, but look at the development – even though he was injured for a while. The thing is to let the young guys play, and still survive in the top, says Fagermo, who feels that the attacking play in general has been lifted. Though few chances has been produced.
He’s happy with the defence
– We got a way of defending which defends a place high up on the table. I you look away from the Sogndal match, we’ve let in two goals in addition to that one in Ålesund which shouldn’t been allowed. Those five in the back has been good.